Hydrogen peroxide is commonly used for cleaning wounds, but it also has many other uses you probably didn`t know about. Here are some of them:
– Cleaning ears: Wax buildup in the ear can be unpleasant and painful. To solve this problem, put 2 drops of peroxide in the ears before getting in the shower, it will break down the wax deposits which you`ll rinse away in the shower.
– Whitening your teeth: Dilute hydrogen peroxide in equal amount of water, swish it for a couple of minutes in the mouth, then spit it out and rinse well- no swallowing. Repeat this for 2 weeks and your teeth will be significantly whiter. Then, continue with the treatment once a week.
– Toothache relief: If you need a quick relief for a sudden toothache, mix 1 part peroxide and one part water, apply it in the aching tooth, hold for a few minutes, then remove.
– Disinfection: Soak your sponges and rung in hydrogen peroxide for 15 minutes, then rinse and dry them. Also, you can use peroxide to disinfect the cutting board.
– Cleaner shower curtains: To remove the soap and mildew from the shower curtains, spritz them with some peroxide and then wash them in the washing machine.
– Replacement for bleach: To remove stains from the white clothes, soak them in mixture of 2 parts peroxide and 1 part detergent for 30 minutes, then wash them in the washing machine as usual. Use this only for white clothes, otherwise it will remove the color.
– Cleaning the makeup brushes: Soak the makeup brushes in a mixture of equal parts hydrogen peroxide and water, leave them for 5 minutes, then rinse them. Repeat this every week.
– Glass cleaning: To clean some glass surface, spray some peroxide on it and wipe with a clean, lint-free cloth.
– Cleaning the humidifier: Humidifiers accumulate mold, which needs to be removed from time to time. For this, add some peroxide to the water and run the humidifier as usual. This will eliminate the mold and bacteria.
– Canker sores treatment: Dilute some peroxide in water and rinse your mouth with this solution, to reduce the longevity of the canker sores.
– Cleaning stone counters or stained tiles: Cover the stain with a mixture of peroxide and fluor, add a layer of plastic wrap and leave it during the night. This will make the stone counter clean again.
– Removing wine stains: If you`ve dropped red wine on your white carpet, we have a solution for the problem- just soak the stain with 1 part hydrogen peroxide and 1 part liquid soap, leave it for 1-2 minutes, then blot it with a clean towel and wash with warm water.
– Protecting vegetables: To remove all the bacteria from your vegetables, let them sit in a 3% hydrogen peroxide for a few minutes, then rinse and dry them.
– Lightening your hair: Replace the bleach with a 3% hydrogen peroxide to lighten the hair.
– Nail whitener: Don`t throw away money in beauty salons, just soak the fingertips in a bowl of peroxide to make your nails white and refreshed.